Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tom Turkey in Disguise - November's Family Challenge


“I’m Tom Turkey and I’m scared as can be. I’m dressed in a disguise so you can’t catch me!”

Tom Turkey in Disguise Challenge!

Nancy Kay Holmes Families are invited to pick up a turkey picture/entry form during your next visit to our library. At home, your family can disguise Tom Turkey as a different animal or character in hopes of avoiding being caught for Thanksgiving Day dinner! You may use any items you find in your home to create your turkey's disguise. Some suggestions for disguising the turkey include: a snowman, a Santa, a peacock, etc. If you need some ideas to get you started, creative examples of Tom Turkey disguises can be found online (try Google image search: “turkey disguise”). Please return your family’s turkey anytime before 5 pm Wednesday, November 23rd so it may be put on display at our library throughout November.

Please note: there is only one turkey entry permitted per family; however, ALL children age 11 and under will receive a special prize for simply for participating. If you have questions about this family project, please contact me at KWalshKeenan@albright.com I’m so excited to see your completed turkey disguises, and I hope your family enjoys working on this challenge together!

Miss Katie

No comments: