Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The sun will come out . . .

Greetings from the library!


Finally! March is here! Spring will soon return! Only 17 days! Let the countdown begin!


Even with the wild winter weather, February Storytime was full of attentive children listening to stories about penguins, friendship, Valentine's Day, polar bears and pets! Check out our creations!






















At storytime on Monday, I talked a little bit about what it means to use your imagination. We read Can I Keep Him? by Steven Kellogg, a story about a boy who fantasizes aboout bringing home differenent pets. I asked the children to repeat the word after me. "Imagination," they said timidly. When it was time for craft, I showed the group a dog I painted in orange, red and purple with white polka dots. A two-year-old came up to me and asked, "Is that an imaginative puppy?" I smiled. "Yes, this is an imaginative puppy."


Join us for storytime every Monday and Friday at 11:30 am! All ages are welcome! Registration is not required.


See you at the library,
Miss Glynnis

No comments: