Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Digging for Dinosaurs with... COOKIES?!?

Dear Santa,

All I wanted for Christmas was a living, breathing, walking, talking, roaring, snoring DINOSAUR! But my knowledgeable friends at the library explained that dinosaurs are EXTINCT! These future paleontologists helped me understand more about these prehistoric pets as we recently read stories together about what would happen If the Dinosaurs Came Back (Bernard Most), about How Do Dinosaurs Go to School (Jane Yolen) and about Edwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct (Mo Willems). Apparently, I didn't know she was extinct, either, because I assumed these candy-chip cookies were baked for us by Edwina, just like in our story. My friends used these yummy cookies to demonstrate how paleontologists carefully dig for real dinosaur fossils, just as they dug out their pretend dinosaur fossils (candy chips). As you can tell by these photos, we had a terrific time digging for dinosaur fossils and making Shape-a-Saurus dinosaurs to take home!

xoxo, Miss Katie

No comments: